Thursday, May 03, 2018

Walking Home in France


Click Here to Bid (12x6in. - starts at $150 - click image to enlarge)

This size/orientation never shows well online, but I like to paint them now and then. Please enlarge to see fully. (Also it looks better in person.)

Meanwhile, I'd like to tell you about a project I've been working on. I got some big, flat Ampersand panels recently, intending to do some larger paintings. I did two before I realized they are too big to store vertically. Which sucks, because I recently built myself a vertical storage rack - doh!!! So I set out to buy a horizontal rack. But the only ones I could find were ridiculously expensive, and wouldn't fit in the space I had for it. So I invented and made myself one. You can see it here, on top of  my vertical rack. I used hemlock to build the frame, and metal shelving for the ... shelving. I also recently built myself another work table, which you can just see the corner of in the photo. I need to make one adjustment to it, and then I will share that as well.

No comments: